Thank you for showing your interest in our mentorship!
What is the goal of this mentorship?
The goal for this mentorship is to guide you to create a AAA quality material/texture for your portfolio along with vital knowledge on what it is like to be a professional artist, what to focus on, how to present your work on your portfolio, How recruiters and game studios think when hiring and how to push yourself to new heights!
What will be included in this mentorship?
- 2 hours worth of one-on-one video calls (1 hour upfront, 30min check-in, and 30min recap at the end) -via zoom or discord
- access to a private discord where you can ask questions and feedback
- 1 free tutorial course from FastTrackTutorials
- Dedicated instruction videos on difficult techniques/workflows or when you get stuck with something
This mentorship will last for 1 month. the goal is to have a finalized piece of artwork along with vital and useful information at the end of the month.
What will this mentorship look like?
We will start this mentorship off with a quick conversation over email or discord to make sure that we are a good match together.
then we will have our first 1-hour call. In this call, we will have a quick introduction. Then together we will find a material to create that you will love to make and that is within the scope of the mentorship. We will discuss how to approach the material. how a material like this would be made in the game industry and we will finish things off with of course answering any questions you have and I will share any resources I think you might need with you.
Then I will let you lose. and we will meet back up for a 30min check-in when you feel like you need it. in this check-in, we can discuss the material and any more questions you might have. I will also give you live feedback the same way a senior/lead artist would give it in the game industry.
Of course, throughout the month you can always contact me on discord for questions and feedback, or if you get stuck and need some help. I will be there to help you.
At the end of the month, we will have one final 30min call to discuss how the mentorship went and to answer any final questions to make sure you will be sent on your way happy and confident to get a job in the game industry!
Please note that we are flexible with the calls, time can be divided up however you want and the call does not "have" to be split up into 3 parts
About the mentor
Your mentor will be Emiel Sleegers. Emiel has been working as an artist for the last 8 years. In this time he has worked for big-name companies like Playground Games (Forza Horizon 3) And Ubisoft (The Division 2 + DLC)
Next to this he has also been creating tutorials and teaching people for the past 7 years. having created tutorials for companies like Artstation Learning, Victory3d, Flippednormals, and more.
Emiel Has worked as both an environment/prop artist and a material artist, giving him a broad range of skills that he can teach you.
Requirements and disclaimers
- You will need a basic understanding of the software used. For materials this will often be Substance Designer and if needed Zbrush and other 3d modeling applications.
- You will need to speak good/fluent English (or dutch). We are sorry for adding this requirement but with everything we will discuss, having a language barrier would make our conversations very difficult.
- Mentorships are non-refundable after the first call.
- all calls, feedback, and other mentorship-related perks will have to be done within 1 month of the mentorship start date.
- This mentorship does not guarantee that you will get a job in the game industry. we will do our very best to guide you but at the end of the day, it will all be up to you.
- Depending on your current skill level the end quality of your model may vary even with the help of the mentor.
We will contact you after you purchase this mentorship on the email you used for the purchase.
For any questions/more information you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org